Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mission life is simple


TERESA - Hi family!

I am not excited to go back home; I'm not going to lie. As the end of my mission approaches I am getting more and more nervous! I really love all you guys but I don't want to leave my mission yet. It's funny how simple life has become while serving. You don't have to worry about anything else but the gospel and your investigators, etc. But I hope when the time comes I'll be ready? Ha-ha

By the way mom, are your glasses 1.50 or 2.00 prescription? Can you let me know? Thanks!! And thank you soooo much for the book!! (I sent them each the Mormon Mission Spoof on Dr. Suess' Green Eggs and Ham.) I LOVE it! It is the bestest ever. Sister Baxter and I read it frequently! hehe Thank you!

Ok, this week, golly gee, I can't even remember the start of it! The weather was really raining so that really cut into our finding efforts!  But anyway what’s been happening... The progress with M.C. is a ton better. We prayed about it and talked with Bishop and we moved some lessons around and those weird empty feelings have gone! We still have no idea what it was but we're glad it's no longer an issue :).  She still has a baptismal date but we will have to push it back because she didn't go to church this Sunday. Nooo! But no worries, we are going to teach the importance of the Sabbath and church this week.

We also had a lesson with Brother R. H., our recent convert, and Sister B., a member of 5 years. It was great because we talked about how to study the scriptures by applying them to you personally. It's funny cause since it's natural for me to always do that it was weird to see people that don't do that. And because of that, they get nothing out of the scriptures - crazy! So we went over Lehi's Vision and helped them apply it to them. It was a whole lot of fun!

Things with K. are going well. We had her at church yesterday! It was so good! We have her praying right now on baptismal date because every time we try to schedule one for her she feels pushed. So it's all in the works :) We will also be giving her the smoker's clinic so we are excited for that as well.

Since it was so rainy we got totally soaked this week. So on Saturday we were on our way back to our flat and right as we were walking on the sidewalk a car comes zipping around the corner and drives into this HUGE puddle. Yup, you guessed it; we were dripping from head to toe! It was a total movie moment right there ha-ha. I felt like I was on a water ride I was THAT soaked! We were laughing SO hard!! It was way too funny :)

Since we've been told by all our priesthood leaders (i.e. members of the area presidency and seventy) that our focus should be on members we have really been doing that. We have been getting to know loads more members and they are the best! I am loving the East Kilbride Ward. They are amazing and hilarious! I know that as we develop a better relationship and trust with them that the work will progress. Among my many favorites are the Lang's, McNally's, and Munro/Cook's! They have been super wonderful to us since I've been here, gosh I love 'em! ha-ha

Oh and guess what? Church on Sunday was very eventful. We went into YW's and talked about the missionary schedule and how we decided to go on missions (so fun!) and then we taught gospel principles like always, and then I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting! It was so exciting! I spoke on one of my FAVORITE topics: Our Loving Heavenly Father. People said they enjoyed it so that's good! To be honest it is a really easy subject to speak on and so that makes it easier as well!

I'm hopefully going to send a package soon with loads in it for people and my photos from Edinburgh, so be on the look out for that too! Thank you so much again for everything. I love you guys so much and I pray for you every night! Your sacrifices for us to serve have been absolutely incredible. Thank you for making this happen. I love you!

Love Always, Sister Teresa Kullick

No comments:

Post a Comment