Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Scripture Reading

RACHEL - Dear family and friends
 
How is everyone doing? I hope very well! 

You might as well already know that Sister Gallozo has received a virus of some sort recently and so we have been staying in for the past couple of days so she can recover. Within that amount of time, I have been able to complete my Doctrine and Covenants reading and have began reading the Pearl of Great Price. While I was reading the Doctrine and Covenants, I had such a wonderful feeling of the Spirit which gave me more of an excitement to want to just keep reading! After I finished, I had such a deeper testimony of the living Prophets in this Dispensation. I have so much gratitude and respect for them and more than that, I have felt the power of their calling through their words. How grateful I am to know that Heavenly Father loves us so much that He still gives us living Prophets today and that they hold all of the keys in this time.  

We had Zone Conference this last Wednesday and I loved it! We learned more about the Book of Mormon and its origins. We also had a Preach My Gospel Chase which was sooo much fun, I loved it! All of the missionaries know Preach my Gospel so well and sometimes my fingers were just a little too slow to turn to the pages as some of the other missionaries. It was a wonderful experience to help us to become more familiar with that amazing scripture.

There was beautiful counsel that President Bullock gave to me after Zone Conference when I asked the question of how I can always remain diligent and to remove fear from me from speaking to people. I will never forget the words he spoke as he just simply said that the Lord has never promised to remove our fear, but that He will help us to build up courage if we do what He has asked us to and he said to "just talk to people about the gospel." So simple but something has clicked inside me ever since he spoke those plain words and I have seen miracles of the easiness and love I have been able to develop more as I do talk to people about the gospel.

I truly, with all of my heart love this work. I am still trying to become like Christ each day and some days are better than others but because I am trying, my Heavenly Father is aware of my efforts. I really want the Atonement of Jesus Christ to transform my life, way of thinking and actions to become like God. Isn't that something we are all striving for? And along the way, I may falter because of my weaknesses but I really am trying very hard to be better. Thank you for all of your love and support!

Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

No comments:

Post a Comment