Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

RACHEL - Dear Family!

How is everyone? I really hope everyone is doing amazing! Mom, I will get the package tomorrow because it will be Zone Conference so that is when I will receive all my post.

I am very much enjoying Swinton and it is taking me a little while to get use to buses... it's so much to remember and on top of that I am trying to bus contact as well haha so it is a work in progress :) Although, mostly every time I speak to people on the bus, I am able to schedule an appointment with someone from bus contacting, so the Lord is helping me out quite a lot! I am enjoying serving with Sister Gallozo but President has already mentioned to me and to her that she will be leaving to a different area next transfer. A lot of changes will be happening in the next couple of months which will be exciting and challenging all at the same time. One of the changes being a new Mission President. Because all of this is in the Lord's hands, everything will turn out OK and perfectly!

We had a baptism this past weekend! It was a YSA girl who's name is Etta Nyatta. She is wonderful and was found by the Sisters previous. I am so blessed to have been able to get to know her and witness her baptism and confirmation. Two YSA baptism in a row! I am glad I was able to come in just in time! They are being fellowshipped very well and are excited for the future steps towards the Temple!

There was a miracle that we experienced yesterday! We were given a member referral (well... sort of). This mother gave the address of her very inactive son, but she could only remember the street. We went to tract it and when we found the her son right away, but he expressed no interest. I was a little saddened to go back and tell her about our encounter with her son, but when we knocked on the very next door, an older woman in her late 70's came. She was so lovely. We said one of the power statements about families then we asked if we could come in and share more with her and she let us in! We had a lesson with her and now she is one of our new investigators! Every single time any member has given us ANY street that they felt we should tract, we have seen miracles from every one! Give your missionaries a street, any street that sticks out to you. Trust me, the Lord really is aware of His missionaries and will place people in their path if we have faith and are diligent. We were also blessed to have another Street Lesson with a man that we had stopped while street contacting and he became one of our new investigators as well! We are excited to see so many tender mercies from the Lord.

I love being a missionary... it is the best feeling in the world. The purpose that I have been given is beyond me and that is why I am so grateful for the Spirit and complete reliance on the Lord. I am so happy. Thank you for all of you who have supported Teresa and I in this great work! We love you all! Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

No comments:

Post a Comment