(Note: Our bishopric asked each missionary serving from our ward to write a letter to their mothers that their fathers would read from the pulpit as a surprise during Sacrament Meeting on Mother's Day. We have 7 missionaries serving right now and 2 of them are our daughters. Here are excerts from their letters.)
RACHEL - Dear Mom,
I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to express my love and appreciation for you on this beautiful Mother’s Day! I would like to recall and share some experiences of where you have taught me very important eternal principles that have helped me.
First of all, your ability to have a conversation with anyone always amazed me and at times, when I was younger embarrassed me. I can remember so many times when you would have these conversations with many cashiers at the check-out counter. I saw the love you had for each individual when you would ask them about their day and lives. You could relate with all of them. This example has helped me to do that as I arrive at the check-out counter as a full-time Missionary myself and I am able to share the gospel with them by giving them a Pass Along Card so easily because of your example of Christ-like love.
This love has been unconditional as you have supported all of your children. Throughout all of our lives you would drive car loads of team mates of various athletic groups to all the different sport games that we would play away at another school. Thank you Mom for never missing a Field Hockey, Soccer, or Volleyball game. You were always there cheering us on! Even on our missions, you have written every single week and haven’t miss one yet! You have always understood your divine nature as a daughter of God and a Mother; one having great worth. You helped Teresa and me to understand our self worth even when we were young girls in elementary school. I can recall the nights when right before we went to bed, we would listen to these motivational cassette tapes where we were told we were so special and that we could do anything. But what I think meant most to me from all of that was that you recognized our worth and wanted us to know it. You always knew with a sure knowledge that we could accomplish anything if we worked for it.
You have been my example of living the Gospel and doing all that you can to help others. I appreciate your continual love and support. You have shown me that relying on the Lord and His teachings and by following the commandments that this is how true happiness and peace comes. Thank you for never giving up on any of your children. I love you more and more as each day goes by.
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Rachel, my children would cringe every time I would strike up a conversation with a stranger too. That part just made me chuckle! Thanks for sharing you Mother's Day letter with the rest of us! You are a truly amazing young lady! Love you!
ReplyDelete