Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day letter

TERESA - Dear Mom,

Lately I have been talking with my companion about parents. I asked her one night about her parents and her relationship with them. It was nice and also interesting to see the different connections to parents and children in different families. I love you so much and I know that without a doubt, you and Dad love me. I have never thought otherwise. I remember the time in my Personal Growth Class at West Valley College. We were given a 2 page packet of compliments – words of encouragement you could say. The teacher then asked us to highlight the ones we were never told growing up in the home. As Rachel and I looked around we saw everybody in that room highlighting what seemed like the entire 2 pages. Rach and I looked at the papers and read all the positive statements. We then raised our hands and the teacher came over to us. We looked at her seriously and said, “We can’t do this assignment.” She looked at us with sympathy and said, “Is it too painful for you both?” We looked at her like she was daft and said, “No, no, of course not. It’s just that we have been told all of these things by our parents.” I will never forget the way she looked at us. She was shocked, as if she had never been told that in all her many years of teaching. She then told us with tears forming in her eyes, “You need to go home tonight and thank your parents. They clearly love you both very much.”

Mom, thank you for teaching me correct principles growing up in the home. I want you to know this gospel is true. I know that families are essential to Heavenly Father’s plan of happiness and he couldn’t have selected a better one for me! I know that we have living prophets on the earth again today that Heaven Father still speaks to His children. Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ did appear to Joseph Smith and restored the fulness of the gospel and priesthood authority back on the earth. My love for the Book of Mormon has increased immensely since I’ve been on my mission. Thank you for reading it with us as we were developing that love. I have sincerely come to know it is the word of God and can answer any question we have in life. And thank you mom for directing us to where we should look for the ultimate source of comfort – our Savior Jesus Christ. I love Him so very much and rely on Him for everything. Even if no one understands, he does. Thank you for guiding me to this knowledge. Mom, I love this gospel and I love you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Love Always your daughter, Sister Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. I have heard that story before and each time I do it brings tears to my eyes! I had a conversation with HD about parenting the other day and he said thanks for being good parents. Because in his profession he has seen the drastic results of BAD parenting. I told him I had learned how to be a good parent from the best teachers, Grandma and Grandpa Coombs. Isn't it nice to know that you have learned how to be a great mom from a great mom when the time comes. Love you!

    ReplyDelete