RACHEL - Dear family and friends,
I am very blessed to be in the Douglas ward and privileged to serve along side of them. I have let some of them know about my departure soon and have literally booked every night with tea appointments with members in the ward from today till the time I leave the Island. I sure do love them and will miss them dearly.
Since Wednesday, let me see what has happened! We had visited one of our best fellowshippers (who is in Young Women's) in the hospital and then we had ward coordination meeting with our ward Mission Leader and his wife who are two of the strongest members I have seen in my life because they are going through a lot right now and are still smiling. I really do love them both. Thursday we had Weekly planning that takes place for three hours in the flat and then finding and calling by people to potentially teach. On Saturday we taught a new Investigator who is from Poland, Bart. He has a very strong belief in God and he truly understood the Restoration. He is a strong Catholic and he knows it's either one or the other and not like what you always seem to hear nowadays which is, "oh all religions lead to God" which is a false statement, but he is going to prayerfully make his choice. During “Joseph Smith's First Vision” he said that he felt light and peaceful, we helped him to understand that that is the Spirit telling him what he heard was true. We are excited to see him progress! That same day we were sooo blessed to have made so many appointments with Former Investigators who had been learning years ago even back to when the Sisters were here teaching them on the Isle. All we did was go through our Area Book and pick out those we feel impressed and either called by them or called them to see if they desired to learn again and the three we tried all said yes! Yippee! We are happy about that!
Sunday was lovely of course and it was a Fast Sunday. We had one of our Investigators attend church with us, his name is Sean. We told him right before we left that if he doesn't show commitment then we cannot teach him anymore and he came to church! So that is a very good sign :)
Unfortunately, Stuart the 22 year old we were teaching wants to take it slower now because he has gotten busier, but hopefully the Sisters in the future will see him get baptised. His mother, Elaine as well has decided to not continue to learn but she still noticed the difference. Jason (Tony's friend) is struggling with personal issues so we decided to push his date back further until he's overcome them. Tony is still on schedule to be baptised on the 12th of November and boy oh boy I am excited! This is the reason why I skipped Sports Day and I am happy I made that choice!
Today is Halloween and we cannot go out teaching after a certain time so we were asked to work for three hours in the morning and then P-Day for the rest of the day until a certain point. Sister Rothmund and I taught Jason and Tony the Ten Commandments with Sister Radcliffe this morning (the one we are living with in the back of her extension) and it was great as always! Sister Radcliffe is one of a kind and she is an amazing Latter Day Saint and every time we talk to her I am always bending over because I am laughing so hard, she is hilarious!
I am very blessed and I know that I have had such great help and support while I have been serving. I know that God is always guiding his missionaries to those who need to be found and is helping the members to be more missionary minded as well. I love this work and I love this Island!! I feel at home when I am in Chorley and when I am here, I love it!!
Thank you so much for all that you have given me and Teresa! We love you all!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was wondering if Halloween was celebrated there. Sounds like a good week. Keep on Keepin on, endure til the end. You are so close! Love ya Rach!
ReplyDelete