TERESA - Hi my dearest loved ones!
I can't even tell you how happy I was to hear about Grandpa doing the sealing ceremony mom!!! I totally teared up. That will be amazing for Kelly and Matt. But to be honest, I am MOST excited to have Grandpa do that for Rach and me on our wedding days. I have ALWAYS pictured him doing that for us and how extremely special that will be. But mom you slipped in a note that Grandpa thought of trying this because of the wish of Rachie and I? Oh my goodness, that makes me feel so loved. I love them so much and I'm excited for them to be an ACTIVE part of my sealing! I am SOO happy!
Life in the mission is very strange at the moment. I am in my last transfer and time is slipping away fast. I remember listening to Brother Chris Patterson when he got back. He said that he felt like something was missing and you could sense that longing to be back in the full-time mission field. I remember sitting there and Rach and I both looked at each other and agreed that we both wanted to feel that way. My goodness, I guess you should be careful what you wish for because I'm starting to feel that sense of sadness to leave this wonderful experience. I guess it is a good sign because it shows that I have been really trying hard to be the best missionary I can be. But please don't misunderstand; I KNOW going home is what I have to do. I cannot be a full-time missionary forever. I need to go home and progress and help that part of the Lord's Vineyard grow and blossom. And plus, if I stayed a missionary forever, that would mean I would never see Rach again, and I really couldn't do that. I just can't help but think, "Really? Is this it? The year and a half is up already? I feel like I have JUST barely started." Well then, I still have time to go and I'm going to give it all I've got and finish hard. Like how I would at the end of a run - I sprint to the finish line.
Well, we saw a sad thing happen....we lost our car. Ok ok, I guess it's not THAT bad really. While President was talking to me and telling me he was taking it away he said, "You're not going to have it easy in your last moves Sister Kullick!" haha, And I responded, "What? C'mon President!" haha But no, that did not convince him to let it stay. So now Baldoyle is a bus/walking area. Not going to lie, it's been a little stressful to try and figure all the bus times out and where they go but Sister Weight has been a real star and has been right on top of it for us. (Really though, this is why I was NEVER called to white wash - I couldn't have handled the stress!! haha)
So remember how I told you that Brenda Blackmore's son Sean (8yrs) was getting baptized? Well guess what, after talking it through with the ward and with our ward mission leader we decided that they should be baptized on the same day!! So that way they can enter the waters of baptism together as a family. I am SO excited! Brenda and Sean are so ready and have that HUGE desire to join the church! Honestly, Brenda's faith is bursting! She said that she doubted for a second if she could afford to pay the bus fare every Sunday for church but then she thought about it and realized that it was Satan who was filling her head with doubt. She knew it was test and so she remained strong and held to her faith! I was sooo proud of her when I heard that! We are going through the lessons with Sean now; more Primary based ones so he'll really be involved. I love this. I LOVE the idea that their home will now be a place where principles of the gospel are being taught. Sean will now grow up in the gospel and their family will progress so well! It's been lovely to see their progression. Every time Sean prays is so amazing! He loves it and he even tries to help mom when she gets stuck. I feel so blessed to be a part of this family's conversion! Things are going really wonderfully :)
On Sunday as well, we found two new investigators! Joel & Patricia are from Ghana and Kenya. They have 3 little ones and they are so great! We are so excited to continue to meet with them and to see them progress as well!
And onto one of my favorites! Aoife is doing better and better!! We have one more lesson to teach her and then we've officially taught her all she needs to know to be baptized. We are going to ask her next time to prayerfully consider a date for baptism. Honestly, if she wanted to she could get baptized next week! But as you know this has been a long time coming. Aoife holds a lot of weight with this family and we are trying to be careful. But we finally got her involved in the YSA!! She was not excited about doing that but we introduced her to an amazing girl Lorna (who's actually going to serve a mission in St. George in Feb!) and she has totally fellow shipped her!! It has been amazing! It's so wonderful when members step in and do what we missionaries can't. We leave and come and go but they can help her make lasting friendships in the ward. Honestly guys don't underestimate fellow shipping investigators or recent converts!! We need members help! But anyway, it has been excellent. We are going to see her on Tuesday and see how things are going then. But here's one example of her progression: I asked her how her not smoking was going. She looked a little sheepish and said, "Yeah about that..." And I was like "Nooooo Aoife!" haha I'm not even exaggerating! I totally did the "movie" no. haha. She then said, "I only had one, well not even one, like only 2 puffs and that was it. But if it makes you feel any better I felt horrible about it! I couldn't believe I gave in but after that I realized I didn't even want them. After that, I took the rest of the pack and 'Titanic'ed them in the sink." I can't even tell you how happy that made me!! So even though that may seem like a setback, it totally isn't! She showed herself and us that she was serious about it and wasn't going to do it again, especially by getting rid of the rest herself.
It has been marvelous to see these little miracles happen. I am trying hard to be better and I am excited to be here. All of the love and support that Rach and I have received has been crucial to our progression as missionaries and daughters of our Heavenly Father. Thank you so much for that. I love you all and I love this gospel!
Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick
P.S. Thank you for the Tithing letter dad and mom! I really appreciate it! Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Titanic'ed... that is funny I have never heard anyone use that... I am totally going to steal that! That is a wonderful change of heart that is really exciting.
ReplyDeleteBus Schedules would throw me off too, I am bad at stuff like that, Matt is a pro! So good thing he helped me with stuff like that when I was going to the U of U and had to take buses and trains to get there! See, you are learning life lessons since Matt learned all that stuff on his mission.
Can't wait to see you when you get back. Love you Cuz, keep up the good work!
Well, I remember Colton asking Harvey after he'd been home for about three weeks, when the feeling of not wanting to go back happened. Harvey said, part of you will always want to be a missionary, but when school, marriage and kids start coming, you realize that it where you need to be. It's all part of progress here on earth.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are cruising all the way to the end! Good for you! Keep it up! Love you!