Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I have finally arrived!

RACHEL - Hey everyone!

So I am finally here out in the field! Can you believe it?? It has been wonderful so far! I have the sweetest companion, her name is Sister Bowen and she's from Rexburg, Idaho. I also met a ton of missionaries down a very long line in the hallway to the chapel when I was to be assigned a trainer and area. haha They were all there to greet us. And a lot of the elders knew I played football! haha I guess that's important but I hope they aren't expecting much! But I am officially serving in the Manchester South mission, so that’s super nifty! And dad you wouldn't believe it but once I got assigned to my area and new companion, we were going out to put my stuff in the boot (trunk) of the car and she hands me the keys and says ok, you ready? hahaha I was so shocked and was sssooooooooo grateful you taught me how to drive a stick cause that is practically all they have here! It was just super weird putting my left hand down to switch gears! haha I thought that was interesting and I think I did pretty well even though I tended to drift to the right side of the road a little haha but yeah I bet I will defiantly get the hang of it for when you guys come here so i will be able to drive!

So Sister Bowen is my trainer and she went to Beauty School and so I asked if she could trim my hair cause I am in great need of that and she said she would! She is sooo nice! I can tell I was meant to be placed with her for her to train me! She said she really wants to prepare me for when she leaves cause I am her last transfer! Ahhh!! But I am super excited!

The MTC was great and I seriously loved that place! The people were amazing and I am seriously considering throwing an MTC reunion for after everyone's mission. haha

It was soooo hard saying goodbye to Teresie! We were both messes and crying, I tried to hold it in though cause I was leaving before she was and that was tough, but I can already feel the Lord blessing me with the strength to be away from her and I know because of that he is blessing her too! Our president in the MTC actually sat both of us down the night before everyone left to make sure we were going to be ok with being away from each other. That was the nicest thing ever! He helped us with what we will do when we started missing each other and so it was good to talk with him about it. And he wanted us to make sure that we let our mission presidents know that we would like to serve together in the end! He said to have us get a hold of him if there were any problems. That was really needed and sincere. So there may be a chance :)

Anyway I want to know Teresa’s email address cause I don't think I even know it! So please send it to me through e-mail! I also got your yellow envelope letter mom! Thanks! You’re awesome! I’m so glad you did well with your lesson and yeah - real scripture study is really intense I haven’t quite gotten the hang of it yet but I will! Tell Steven I wish him a VERY Happy Birthday! Give him a big hug for me and tell him I love him!

You can still send me emails just FYI and apparently right now it is 7:48 in the morning right now for you all! Haha Anyway I gotta go but I love you and tell Lauren I love her and Sheila too! And all that read my letters or send them to me! Thanks Zanny for the email!! I will write you back soon cause I can email all extended family just not friends. Anyway I gotta go but I love you!

My address to my flat is:

Sister Rachel Kullick

55 Dunmaston Ave

Timperley, Altrincham

WA15 7LQ, England

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great trainer. You'll have to let us know about the accents and if there's any one that is impossible to understand. Don't waste time thinking about the end. The now is too important to overlook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It sounds like you are doing well. Do they know how much extended family you have? They may change that policy after you two girls.

    ReplyDelete