Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Liff, Dundee, Scotland

TERESA - Hi Family!!

Yeah still send my letters to the mission home address. They forward them to me, so keep at it!

By the way, I love your letters mom, thanks! Tell Steven I say happy birthday!

Well, things are going good so far still trying to get used to everyone and everything. P-day is Monday and there are 4 missionaries including us in our district! We are serving in the Liff 2nd Ward and it is actually big for the area but smaller than what I am used to. I went to the ward for the first time on Sunday and it was crazy! I really think they have a reverence problem here because everybody just isn't quiet. haha It's weird because they say that the church is the same everywhere, which it is, but at the same time it's totally not! And plus I'm all switched around because they have Sacrament last and all their other meetings first. So I'm all backwards. But that’s ok :) just takes some getting used to I guess. But let me tell you, I REALLY took for granted my home ward and how people acted there because it is just sooo different. Now its not like this ward is awful or anything, it's just NOT the same if ya know what I mean.

But anyways, we teach recent converts and a lot of inactives. But inactives are especially really hard cause they are just not interested and really don’t care about holding true to the covenants that they have made. And that's what really bothers me the most. They all KNOW it's true (they have said it flat out), but they just can’t be bothered. It is so frustrating because their priorities are all mixed up and wrong and they are just lazy. That may sound bad, but that's the truth, they say they just can't be bothered and that's it! Ahhhh! It's crazy but we still try to be there. Recent converts on the other hand are the BEST! They totally get it, maybe not all the knowledge part of the gospel yet, but they have this amount of faith and desire to know that it is truly amazing to see. They just get it ya know? But there are the occasional few like the Andersons (Mom-Sharon-40, and her 2 daughters: Danny-19, and Katie-9) they are nice people but they are having problems keeping some of the commandments. And they are kind of spiritually immature, which makes it hard to teach them because they just are not focused on what's important ya know? But Sharon's sister, Helen is interested and even came to church with us this Sunday! But we really need to teach her thoroughly because she really doesn't have a strong support system in the gospel. And we want her testimony to be Unshakeable!

I had my first baptism! Well, it wasn't really mine because I only came in at the end after he had made the decision to be baptized. But I did get to teach him a little and that was wonderful! He's related to the Shorts who are recent converts and they are the BEST! I wish every investigator were like them, they are seriously like sponges! They just soak up the gospel! haha

Since I've been out on my mission I have come to realize that I really know a lot; a lot more than I had even realized. People ask me questions and I know the answers. Now it is also the Spirit of course but at the same time, I totally took for granted the amount of knowledge I have and have come to know. WE really are lucky, because NO ONE here knows or even really thinks about God at all. It's horrible. Oh and EVERYONE smokes. Not just a few, but everyone! And they all have cats so try combining those two scents, ya? Mmm, yummy! haha Not. But I'm starting to get used to it, my comp, Sis Nelson cant doesn’t even notice it anymore, because she's been there so long!

We've had a lot of dinner apps already haha. So I'm afraid I’m gonna have problems working it off! But we are walking (no car or bike). Everywhere we go we are fed! (Well, not everywhere, I guess :) But one night I ate so much I got sick! But it's ok mom, I had Rolaids! haha (they are my best friend) So I'm being careful, I'm coming back the way I left!

Well, I'm not gonna lie, the mission is harder than I thought it would be, planning wise. Before the mission, I didn't really plan. So now it’s really tough to plan effectively and to fill my time usefully. That, I would say, has been the most difficult part, especially since I don’t really know anyone so it's hard to know whom to see. But it's ok; I’m starting to get some things.

But I’m glad to hear things are going swell back home! I really do miss everyone and I'm sorry if I don’t write too much. I have like NO time! I miss Rach A WHOLE LOT as well!!!!! But it is ok, time is already racing by I guess. But I love You All!!! Thanks mom for EVERYTHING! I took a lot of stuff for granted, that's for sure haha. But I'm glad to be getting letters. Thanks again for everything! I love you! Can’t write more, I have to go but love you!!!!

Love Always,

Sis Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. Planning IS one of the hardest things about a mission. It's totally different from having nothing to do at home and turning on Facebook or the TV.

    ReplyDelete