RACHEL - Hello familia!!
Ok, my Companion is Sister Andrea Holbrook. She is from Wasilla, Alaska (an hour north of Anchorage). She has been serving for 11 months and two weeks (haha I thought I would be precise). She is really easy going and has a great sense of humor! She loves the outdoors especially hiking and four-wheeling. WE get along Great with one another especially in the work. I seriously couldn't ask for a better companion to white-wash with! We were talking the other day about even though she is obviously the senior companion, it's like we're equals, we are the ultimate companion to one another cause we both know as much about the area and the members of the wards as the other companion does! haha It's really great, I know we will be serving for a while together! I am just really happy I have a companion that I get along well with ;)
White-washing really is great, especially when you get along with your companion!
We attended Chorley 2nd Ward and 3rd Ward yesterday for the first time and let me tell you, it feels like I have two P-Days in a row! I gotta tell ya, I really do feel so blessed and lucky to have 2 Sacrament Meetings, 2 Sunday Schools, and 2 Relief Societies to attend every Sunday! After we bore our testimonies in both of them the Bishopric both shared how excited they were to finally have Sisters and how they should take advantage of this great opportunity! How having us opens more doors to possibilities for the work to progress! We had tons of single sisters coming up to us asking if they could fellowship, feed us and have investigators to be taught at their homes! Wow, we sure felt loved, it was great! And that’s how it should be, EVERYONE is asked to be a missionary whether we have a badge or not! It made me realize that it really is the missionaries job to get members excited about missionary work and now that we have a new burst of enthusiasm we have to now deliver with working harder than before to try to have more people to teach!
And it really is looking great too! We have some really solid appointments with some potential investigators and are very excited to teach them!
The Chorley 2nd Ward is apparently the largest ward in all of UK and the 3rd Ward isn't that far off to being around the same amount of people either! We are sharing the 3rd Ward with the Zone Leaders but boy oh boy am I excited to take this on!
We are only walking in this area so it is taking my body and feet a little bit to adjust to the constant hustle and work that a walking area entails. So I am a little achy needless to say :) But I really do love being in a walking area more than a car, because it is soo much easier to talk to people this way! It's wonderful!
Chorley has this really familiar feel to it; a very homey atmosphere. Sister Holbrook and I both agree that walking these streets and being in this area has a very comfortable feeling of home to it. I suppose that maybe it also might be cause of the temple being so close to us as well! For exercise each morning, we get up and walk to the temple and around it's grounds! It is miraculous being so close, I hope I never get used to it being so close to me.
Love you all!!
Sister Rachel Kullick

No comments:
Post a Comment