RACHEL - Hello!
Wow Bobby (Bobby Shawhan is coming home from his mission in the Dominican Republic!) is already coming home!!!?? No way! Man, time really flies! I love it! Tell him I say Hi for me!
A For sale sign eh? Hmm well I guess since Janay doesn't random pop by anymore I guess we wouldn't know any more details on that. (Janay Cherry lived near us and play volleyball, soccer and field hockey with the girls. Sometimes it felt like she lived with us!)
That is so sweet of Emily (Jacobsen - used to be in our ward) to say hi! She has always been very kind and sweet. Well I do hope she seriously considers a mission because it’s just like you said mom, it could do her only good! I would regret not having this experience because it has already given me strength in aspects of my life that I didn't know I need strengthening in! She would be a great missionary and she should go for it! There are plenty of people waiting to hear the gospel through her if she desires to serve!
So this past week we have recognized that our teaching pool is incredibly low and so we decided to have one day this past week of just finding and tracting and it has been wonderful!! I remember thinking around the 3rd hour of talking with people that I was just so happy that I am doing what I am doing. Seriously, there is NO other place I rather be than here right now serving my Heavenly Father. We have seen a lot of results from that day and then the next day we fasted so we could have more people to teach and that they would be placed in our paths. Since then we have been seeing progress slowly but surely but it really is great! We were able to get a lot of appointments from this past week and cannot wait till we meet with them and teach them! Fasting and Prayer are wonderful instruments that we have been given to perform miracles! I know that to be true! I am so grateful for those years where as a family we would fast EVERY Sunday for Dad to have fulltime employment. It showed me how that our effort makes a difference and we will be blessed, maybe not right away but eventually, if we are steadfast in our faith.
My companion and I were asked to sing at another funeral this past week. I never thought that I would have to do that as much as I have been while being on a mission. It was a service for a still born baby of a married couple in our ward. We sang “Nearer my God to Thee” and it was quite a bittersweet experience. It was wonderful to have the focus of the service on the Plan of Happiness. The Temple is the source to tie the strings of the Plan of Salvation together. I am so grateful for that knowledge and the opportunity to share it with the people here in England.
Mom, if you could send more object lessons that would be great! I have used some of them so far and they are GREAT!! I love them; I have gotten great reactions from them!
But thank you for sending the wedding pictures! I appreciate them!! And for all the support that you and dad have given me while I’ve been here! I love you all greatly!!
"We have heard that we are all missionaries. Every member...is or ought to be a missionary;...as members of the Church, having pledged ourselves to the advancement of the gospel of Jesus Christ we become missionaries. That is part of the responsibility of every member of the Church." -President Joseph Fielding Smith (Take Heed to Yourselves [1971], 27-28)
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick
PS did you get my photos that I emailed to you??

WOW, again tears...seriously. Odd how they're letters sound similar at times, but not enough to freak me out! :oP
ReplyDelete