TERESA - Hey Family!
Whoa! Bobbie Shawhan is coming home already! (Bobby Shawhan is coming home from his mission in the Dominican Republic!) Crazy! Well I know he did wonderfully on the mission and I wish him well for when we comes home! It is insane how time flies.
A "For Sale" sign huh? Hmmm, I know Janay mentioned some things when we last saw her but it was a long while ago. I hope she's doing ok, she's probably not living there anymore anyways though. Maybe you could try dropping by one evening and introduce yourself and send our best wishes. Her mom knew us and loved us so I'm sure she would love to meet you! Oh wait, you met her at jr. prom, haha Never mind, but still maybe you could get some contact information for us on how to reach Janay after the mission (i.e. cell phone number, address, etc.). That would be great! Because we love Janay and Rach and I always want to remain in touch with her!
Emily Jacobson, she was the older girl in the family right? Like Amelia's age? I totally remember her! I thought she was lovely as well and totally sweet. I'm glad you encouraged her to serve a mission ;) The world needs good solid sisters out there and she'd be very much appreciated!
Thank you so much for sending the photos! I will be on the look out for sure! And by the way, I haven't gotten any packages yet; it is probably still sitting in the mission home. So just keep that in mind, if you send a package to me, better to send it to me earlier rather than later because I won't receive it till someone from my area happens to go to the mission home and comes back with mail! But thank you!
So things are going nifty in my neck of the woods. We are still trying to work with members to do missionary work -haven't made too much progress in that area yet but we are hopeful! That's why I stress to you all to help out the missionaries in your ward in whatever way you can! They seriously cannot do this alone, and a lot of people seem to think that they can here. We need the members help!
Yesterday at church it was honestly kind of rough for Sister Nelson and I and we weren't feeling our usual happy selves. The whole week had kind of felt like a flop in some ways and we were a little bummed about it. And I have a firm testimony that our Heavenly Father is aware of us and He does love and care for us always. And He will bless you as you continue to press forward and do what is right. Because after church we went and saw this girl Stacy, 22, and she has a son named Logan, 3. And this was the first time we were able to talk to her and she was totally interested! (We weren't getting too much of that response this week!) And she is also friends with a recent convert and she saw the change in him and wants that for herself and wants a strong foundation for her son. She is so solid and we were seriously on cloud 9 the whole time! Let me tell you, I really needed that and I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for sending us to her. She is a kingdom builder in the making and she is so nice and sweet. We set up 3x30 with her (meeting with them 3 times a week for 30 minutes) and let me tell you I am stoked! We are so hopeful for the future and things are really looking to be promising :) Someone told me before I went out on the mission that Satan will try to drag you down the most when something really good is about to happen. That when everything seems to be going wrong, not to get down because that means something amazing is about to come forth. I guess that is really happening :)
I am so grateful to be here and to see the miraculous changes in these people's lives!! I know this is true and that this gospel only brings happiness to lives! You can be apart of this too, be that member missionary that's waiting to break out! haha As you help the missionary efforts in your ward you will see this happen. A member told me yesterday that the trap that members have is getting comfortable. The mindset that "we've made it"; we don't need to do too much more. That is totally false! When we have a building and a full ward keep in mind that you can have another building and another ward. We haven't made it till we have covered the whole earth! So don't fall into that trap! Because there is still a long ways to go!
Thank you mom and dad for everything you have done for me! I have more of an appreciation for you everyday!! I love you both and I pray for you every night! Thanks for being diligent in your letter writing too! That means sooooo much to me! It always makes my day to see one of your envelopes on the floor of my flat! I love you! Thank you!
Love Always, Sis Teresa Kullick

K, not sure why there ar tears in my eyes, but I'm pretty sure I can see Teresa changing too...love it! :o)
ReplyDelete