Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

"Sandlot" in Scotland?

TERESA - Howdy!

How's life back home? Anything new and exciting? Thanks dad by the way for the letters, they have been just what I needed sometimes! And mom, as always, thank you sooo much for your weekly updates! Not every mom is as amazing as you! We have used some of the missionary object lessons and they have been really effective. Could you also send some more that don't involve a whole lot of food? As missionaries we don't have too many resources if ya know what I mean, so lessons that don't involve too much would be great! But thank you again!

So a few interesting things that have happened to me....So me and Sis Nelson had our very own Sandlot experience haha. We chapped the letter flap of this one door and this dog went crazy on the other side and no one was in. At first we thought this dog was on the smaller side until it shoved its paw through the letter slot! It was massive! haha And so my comp took a stick and opened the slot so we could see what we were up against and it was a beast and it's bark was monstrous! It was hilarious and we got out of there quick :)

Also the Dundee Stake is putting on a play, Saturday's Warrior, and we were over at a member family's house that is really involved in the play. They brought it out and we read some lines and I loved it! It was so cheesy, and I said how fun this would be to take back home. So they gave me a copy! So now I have the screen play to Saturday's Warrior haha, guess our stakes doing it when we get back, what do ya think? Haha

Also we contacted into a gypsy! It was an interesting experience but we got a return app out of it :)

So Sister Nelson doesn't want to go home yet but her time is quickly approaching (nooo!). She was saying how she thought that she would be this spiritual giant at the end of her mission, like a superhero or something but how she feels like she isn't. And I was thinking about it and I thought that I think all missionaries feel that way. But I figured this since I love the superhero stuff, that before our missions we were just civilians and now we are our Savior's sidekicks. We are close to Him and strive to follow Him but we just aren't there yet. And after the mission we are trying to pattern our lives after Him and to be like Him, to become the superhero. And becoming the superhero takes a lifetime to achieve; it doesn't just happen over night! So for now I'm just His sidekick, representing Him. Haha I know I'm sounding really lame right now but I liked that analogy. But don't worry to those who haven't served missions, because every member IS a missionary and although you aren't wearing a badge, you are still representing Him! So all members are his sidekicks too! ha-ha

Well I love you all and thank you for everything!

Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. SCARY dog experience! :P Great analogy on superheroes. :)

    ReplyDelete