Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

New investigators & new companion

RACHEL - Hello!

I am sooo happy that the Stake Conference with Elder Neil L. Anderson was great! I cannot believe right when I leave we get a General Authority to speak but either way I am glad you were able to experience that! HAHAHA Saw Mike there, eh, with some girlie? ...haha figured he hasn't written me at all except once and that was when I was in the MTC. And he gave me a hard time for saying I wouldn't write him at all and I did! Well good for him, I am glad he's happy :)

I thought I gave a fair amount of details about this last transfer and with my new companion. But I guess I can re say it. I am going Senior and Follow-up training at the same time. My new Companion's name is Sister Mara Suaybaguio (Sw-i-bag-e-o). She is from the Philippines and is 22 years old and has only been out for 1 transfer (6 weeks). She has the purest heart I have ever seen and is completely diligent in finding and teaching investigators! She helps me re-commit myself to expanding our teaching pool! Sister Suaybaguio and I have been teaching with great unity even though we have only been together for 5 days! She really teaches by the Spirit.

My companion and I have been seeing miracles just right after this last transfer! As you know, my previous companion, Sister Holbrook and I had been seeing very little results from our efforts for the past couple of weeks, but I am so blessed to see all of the blessings that came from diligently finding even though we couldn't see the blessings that laid ahead.

We have two new YSA investigators in the Chorley 2nd Ward now! Their names are Lucie and Katy. When Sister Suaybaguio and I taught them on Wednesday evening, the Spirit was so strong it was amazing and they felt it too! They are going to pray about the baptismal date we gave them but they want to come to church and institute! We are excited to see their progress!

Patricia is still struggling with her family and is quite frightened of them, but I know that if she keeps praying, fasting and reading her scriptures, she can find that strength beyond her own. The ward is still doing all they can. I will keep you updated.

This last Sunday our choir sang Come thou Font of Every Blessing and it was the same arrangement that Lauren, Teresa and I did! But they changed the words completely (which I thought ruined it) but that made me focus on the piano part the whole time. And a flood of memories came back of when we have sang that song and thinking about Lauren and really missing her. But I got a letter from her so I am happy!

I also got letters from Sheila, Max Tanti, Jefferson, Grandpa and Grandma Kullick and Coombs, Aunt Renee and Marsha Owen! I felt so loved! Thank you for writing me!

Oh I also wanted to know how David Alvarez has been lately? Has dad and him still been having their movie nights? I hope so!

Anyway things are going great here in Chorley and I am excited to see more miracles!! I will talk to you all soon!!! Love you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel!

    I know, I know, I should have been commenting the whole time since I read every week... but what I did want you to know is I have been praying for Patricia. Family is so important but it's tricky when you want to do what is right and they don't understand! Sounds like you are tearing it up on the mission and you are learning and growing everyday. You are going to look back on these experiences fondly! Hope you are doing well. Oh and do they do anything like Thanksgiving over there? I was going to say happy holidays but I don't think they start there until December-ish huh...

    Love ya! Mickie

    ReplyDelete