RACHEL - Dear Family!
I hope everyone is well and doing great! It is a great time to be a missionary and I am grateful for my calling! This past Monday, our Zone got together and we had a BBQ and played football! Needless to say I was the only Sister playing with all of the Elders but it was still a great time! Although, my body really ached for a couple days after and that was a good indicator to tell me I am lacking in my endurance which I desperately need as a missionary! That Monday evening, we had the Lancaster Sisters come to sleep over in our flat for the Mission Conference the next day. One of the Sisters was my old companion, Sister Dell and it was great to see her and catch up with her :) In the England Manchester Mission, we are so blessed to have such wonderful and hard working Sisters!
That Tuesday half of our mission got together and we heard from Elder Packer of the Seventy and his wife. That was wonderful because Elder Packer just had a Question and Answer Session the entire time he spoke, I loved it! President Bullock spoke about the Holy Ghost which was great as always. I have been able to feel so much power from the basics that only comes from the plain and precious truths of the gospel. I was a great time to listen to a General Authority. As I met with Sister Packer, she said she was going to the Scotland/Ireland Mission next and so she asked me if there was anything I wanted her to say to Teresa from me. I just gave her a BIG hug and asked her to send that on to my Sister! Hopefully, Teresa got it ;)
We have a wonderful Investigator that we are teaching right now named H.! She is golden! She is a mother of three children who have all grown up and are out of the house. For one appointment we were going to teach her the Plan of Salvation (Bacon and Eggs style) but when we began to speak to her at the beginning of the lesson Sister Gallozo and I both felt impressed to watch the Restoration DVD with her. She was so moved by the Spirit at the end of it, she was in tears. When we asked her what she felt, she gave the most unique and unexpected response I have ever heard as a missionary. She said that the feeling she had was difficult to describe but that it was like how she felt as she looked down at her baby that had just been born for the first time. She explained she felt truth as she watched it. She gave a prayer at the end of the lesson and prayed that the whole world could feel this same way too! Wow! I am so blessed to be able to witness so many miracles of lives being changed and touched by the Spirit of the truthfulness of the gospel. I hope I always remember how I felt in that lesson.
We were able to have 5 New Investigators this past week which we are excited to see them progress! We were able to teach a Less Active man who hasn't been to church for 20 years. He expressed how ever since he left the church he has never been as happy as he was when he was living God's commandments. He gave us, Sisters a call to begin to teach him again and to help him come back to church. Last Sunday was the first Sunday in a long time for him, but he loved it! Just looking at him, it is a testimony to me that it is never too late to come back or to change no matter how far down the line we may feel, Heavenly Father wants each one of us to come back into His presence. I am grateful to be a member of the Only True Church on earth. I am grateful for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ restoring the Whole truth back again on the Earth. No matter what persecutions we may receive, it does not negate the fact that this is still true, no matter how had Satan tries. We the Latter-Day Saints must be the living witnesses that there is a Christ and that God does live. I know this is true, I know it is.
I love you all and hope everyone is healthy and happy! Take care! Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I loved reading Teresa's letter first, knowing that she got your hug from Sister Packard! And and happy it made Teresa! It sounds like you are doing some great work over there! Keep it up! Love you!
ReplyDelete