Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Scotland Zone Conference

TERESA - Hello Family!

I would first like to start off by saying how much I love you two. Mom, Dad, you are important to me and I thank you for all the love and support you give me. I just want to make sure you don't think otherwise! I would have to be a complete fool not to see that! It's like what you always say dad, “Look at their motives”. And let me tell you I have really learned to implement that on my mission. Thank you so much for teaching me that lesson growing up, I needed that. So I know with ALL of my heart that you both love me and I love you.

This week has been great! On May 11 (wed) we had a Scotland wide Zone Conference! Elder Allen F. Packer of the Seventy was there! We were all to shake his and Sister Packer's hand at the start of the meeting. Sister Packer gave me a hug instead and said "this is from your sister." She had been at the Manchester Mission the day previous and met Rach! Gosh, I was so excited to hear that! It made Rachel feel not so far away :). She even said in her talk that they visited the Manchester Mission "and had met your sister, which by the way, you both look exactly the same!" I totally got a personal shout out from Sister Packer in her talk! Ha-ha It was totally amazing! The conference was excellent and I learned sooo much! Sister Packer's talk really hit me. She spoke on making your missionary experience wonderful. That our attitude is EVERYTHING. That that is what makes the difference. She brought up the "Not Even Once" concept, which I loved! Not even once will I let anything distract me from the work, what a waste that would be. She said that you will return with NO regrets when you let nothing distract you from the work you have committed yourself to do. What a waste that would be. And I think about how it could apply to the rest of you back home. You decided to come here to be here. Not even once should you let anything stand in the way of our eternal goal of returning to live with Heavenly Father. We will go back to Him with no regrets when we let nothing distract us from the great work we've been called to do here on earth. What a waste that would be right?

Elder Packer talked about the need for us to be purified and the need for us to know our investigators. That the gospel of Jesus Christ is the plan, the big picture. Each gospel principle or doctrine is a dot in the dot-to-dot picture. Each of them connects and is important to make up the big picture, the plan. It is our job as missionaries to help our investigators connect the dots and to help them discover the relevance to them personally. He said we Hear > Remember > Understand > Apply > Become. That is an ongoing cycle we face and our investigators face. I liked that. He said to remove all distractions in your missionary work as well. I LOVED it!

We have a new investigator! Her name is M.C. and she is scheduled for baptism! The lessons we had so far with her went very well so we were happy about that. She seems to understand the doctrine quite well but for some reason, Sister Baxter and I always come out of those appointments with her feelings a bit off. Like something is wrong. We cannot seem to figure out what on earth that it but we keep praying for the gift of discernment to know what it is. We feel we have an idea so we are teaching her today and are going to try to see if we can figure it out and resolve it. I hope so because I would hate to lose her! But K. T., our other investigator is progressing and doing very well! No baptismal date yet but I just know that she will be baptized! It has been a slower process with her but it will be worth it. We leave her appointments feeling really great- so that's good! And also Brother G. M., our recent convert, is struggling at the moment. His family is not happy with his decision and is disowning him because he's joined the church. He's mostly blind so it's a lot harder to get around and meet people so with his family saying bye he won't have anyone but the church. I shared with him a scripture that Elder Holland used in his October Conference talk, D&C 84:88. I told him that he will never be alone and that he will receive the help he needs. That, like Elder Holland said, angels will attend to him. Both the angelic and the mortal kind. The gospel and its members will always help and lift him. I also shared my favorite scripture D&C 68:5-6: "Behold, this is the promise of the Lord unto you, O ye my servants. Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." I hope he took comfort in those words because I know that he will never ever be alone. Would you all please pray for these people? They need that little bit of extra help. Thank you.

We had Zone Development Yesterday and it was so much fun! The training was excellent and it reinforced what Sister Baxter and I need and want to be working/improving on. So we going to get on that! I know that Heavenly Father is so aware of us individually. So much so that at Zone Conferences, he makes sure to talk about exactly what I always need. ALWAYS. It never fails. I am so thankful for His personal involvement in my life!

By the way, Sister Baxter is from Draper Utah and she is the BEST! (You already knew this of course but there is no harm in saying is more than once!) She is younger than me and went to the BYU-I and graduated in 3 years!! What a smarty pants! She is an amazing person and I love her loads. She is my pally! We are always laughing. Now THAT is a good thing :)

I love you all and I thank you again like I've done a thousand times before. You are wonderful! I love my sister Rach and I know that we have gotten here because of your help. Thank you! Love Always, Sister Teresa Kullick

1 comment:

  1. I love the comment about attitude is everything. Because that's not just on your mission, yes, it is so important now. But it is so important through out your whole life, every situation. When you get home, go to school, get married, raising your children, attitude is everything! Great words of advice! So keep smiling, love you!

    ReplyDelete