Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Different Time and Place

RACHEL - Hello!

It was so nice to get letters from you, Mom, and Dad and even Grandma and Grandpa Coombs (even though they said not to write them back haha ok then)! Loved your talk dad! I thought it was great! And I did love the part where you were talking about the symphony bar haha clever! (Steve spoke on Mother’s Day and we did the Mother’s Day gifts – Symphony Bars!) I was thinking about what you were saying more and more about feeling about how you felt in Holland like it was a different time and place. At first I didn’t feel that way, I felt like in some areas I was I could imagine being in some different parts of California but then I went to Knutsbury and that was by the countryside and I felt it at that moment like I was in a different time and place and knew I wasn't in California haha! As you both know I am a fan of the beach but I was surprised how taken I was with the beauty of the country as I drove through the tight windy roads. That was when I really felt it, just thought I would let you know Dad!

Oh and driving is great! I feel really comfortable driving and I think that when I get back I will start to drift to the left side of the road haha, we'll see. I have tried to do car contacting and its fun! haha When you have the person in the car next to you roll down their window so you can try to share the gospel with them as quick as you can before the light turns green! So that has been nice and the work has been great!

When I first came here I had a baptism that weekend and committed two people to baptism! They are an amazing family who are excited to join the church!

And NOOOO You can't fill in the grave!! (The girls dug a grave in our side yard for a movie they were going to make last fall! I would say it is about 4 or 5 feet deep and big enough to fit a coffin!) Haha We need that for when can decide how we want to use it for when we come back but probably as I speak you're filling it in right now :) I guess that’s ok.

My email address needs to be made clear that my mission won't let anyone email me who is not family so no friends but they can write letters to me!

The first Wednesday I was here a woman turned to me and said that an elder from California baptized her and her husband and that that elder is very dear to them and is still in contact with them. They said they know that California is a big place so they aren't even going to try to name where he is from. But I said to just give it a try and I’ll see if I know and I was shocked when the words "Saratoga" came from their lips! (No one knows where that is here so that’s why I just jump to the next biggest city which is San Francisco even though its about 45 mines away from me ha) and what did you know; they were talking about Mike Hulme! (Mike, his wife Beth and sons are in our ward!) They were the Marsons.

You can tell Robert Crozier that I gave those two addresses to the Home office and they are sending them to the missionaries closest to that area! Thank you for the referrals!!

Mom I love reading your email entries keep sending them and dad too! I would love to hear more! And thanks for giving those questions to Bro Mouritsen! He's a lifesaver! I never realized how lucky I was to have a teacher like him, he taught me so much and I am grateful!

I haven't heard from Teresie yet but I sent her an email and hope I hear from her soon!

Yesterday we had an experience. We went tracting in this street and we felt good about it even though by the end of it we didn’t have any success but it was ok. Then we ran into a woman who had heard some incorrect things about the church even though she was still very nice. We gave her a card and our number so that if she had any questions to call us. She called us that night and basically called to warn us about how we are being led by the adversary and I was left to deal with the phone conversation on my own. All I could do was bear my testimony that know that this church is true and that The Holy Ghost has testified this to me and so on. When I got off the phone I felt a loss, the Spirit seemed to have left while I was on the phone with this woman who would barely let me say anything about what I knew to be true. I felt sad, miserable so much that I was moved to tears. At that moment I began to kneel down and pray for the spirit to be back with me again and what I know to be true confirmed to me again. And as soon as I did, no more than a moment later, the Spirit brought its warmth and peace and truth back to me. I learned something that night that so many are going to try to tear the Spirit I have away from me and the adversary is working harder than ever. But as a missionary I don't really realize how much I am blessed with the Spirit stronger than ever with my calling to serve. I have never felt that great and instant loss of the spirit leaving me, but how quickly it can return if I pray with sincerity for it to be back with me. I felt that I can't imagine feeling that way for my whole life or ever loosing it again and how important it is to bring this feeling of comfort to all those that are missing this in their life. I am blessed, I know I have the spirit with me as I was set apart to serve my Father in heaven. The Book of Mormon is true. I am a daughter of God and I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment