Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

Totally Blessed

TERESA - Hey!!

You're right mom! The Lord has totally blessed me with not missing home and Rachel too badly! It has been quite the relief, let me tell you! I think about home and Rach A LOT but it doesn't really hurt though, ya know? Which has been great :)

I am in the mission field! It feels like I've been here forever, yet still like I showed up yesterday! It is really weird. But I’m getting used to everything still. I read Colton's (Teresa & Rachel’s cousin who just returned home from his mission to Colorado!) last letter and I must admit that I was jealous of his adoring feelings about his mission. I so desperately want to feel that way about mine and I hope it'll come soon! But then again maybe I should give myself a break; I've only been in this country for 2 weeks I think? So I think I have time to grow that love hahaha.

So that's crazy that both our comps are from Rexburg ID!! I showed Sister Nelson and she may know her! My comp may know a Nadia or Stephanie Bowen. Do you know which one it is??

Anyways I LOVE my Companion! She is the best and is super fun! She makes the work enjoyable and she’s totally funny. I really lucked out getting her as a trainer. She knows how to work and use time wisely (something I'm not that strong in!) So I'm really hoping she'll rub off on me and I'll inherit all that she's become good at!

We are teaching a woman named Helen and she’s in her 40s. She is scheduled to be baptized and we are really looking forward to it! She is super receptive and easy to teach. So this is my very first time teaching lessons from the beginning with an investigator! Yay yay! Things are going well and now our biggest task (it always seems) is to find, find, find people to teach! I'm kind of getting used to people rejecting our message and when they actually do stop to listen, I’m like "Hey! Right on!" hahaha It’s been good though. I never let the people get me down because I’m out here finding those who are ready and prepared to come unto Christ. So even if just one person stops to listen, that’s good enough for me!

But yeah, Things are going swell. I'm sending a hand written letter to home so be on the look out for that. Also, I made a list of things that I would really like to get! hehehe.

-Crystal light, the 8 quarts box, with either lemonade or pink lemonade (or both!)

-Look Bars :)

-A 4th of July Banner (although I'm in Scotland, I'm still a Patriot! And it is one of my favorite Holidays!! So I can't go without that good old Independence Day feeling!)

-EFY CDs. We follow the white handbook in our mission so EFY is ok. Can I get "The Greatest Gift" one and Rach & I made a mix of church songs on our iTunes. Could you burn a few for me and anything churchy I might like, please?

I included a few more things in my letter I’m going to send so you'll read that later. And by the way, the picture thing on the computer only works if she brought the cables with her. It's the cable you use to charge the camera except you don’t use the big chargy thing you plug into the wall, you don’t need that. All you need is that cable and then you plug it right into the computer. And if she really needs help she can ask someone who works in the library. (Rachel can’t figure out how to do pictures from the field yet!)

Well I love you loads and I thank you for all that you have done for us mom and dad!! Thanks for sending us each other’s e-mails too!! I love you and hope you're doing well!!

Love Always, Sis. Teresa Kullick

No comments:

Post a Comment