Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rachel's First Baptism!

Hey!
So Our President wouldn’t let us work when it was the World cup football game against England and USA so he actually let us watch the game! It was great but the game was alright but it was a great experience! It has been really crazy here with the World Cup it’s like the 4th of July but just in England! There are Flags EVERYWHERE! They get really into it ;)

Thank you soo much for the letters that you have sent and that Google maps/earth is really nifty! The church I go to is on 110 Altrincham Road so hopefully you can take a look! haha That’s great, glad you can virtually be here with me!

Mom! I looove getting your letters! They are so wonderful and I love the set up you have in the kitchen! haha Wow it looks great! It also looks like we're going to be doing Mormons Helping Hands as well here in Wythenshawe Park! So I guess since I didn't get to do it in Montalvo I get to do it in England! Hopefully I'm talking about the same thing!

Haha I finally got a letter from Lauren, it’s all good though and it was Wonderful to hear from her!! It really made me laugh; she'll get a letter soon when I get a chance to write one!

So the plans have been going great with the wedding Open house!! That’s wonderful! I'm glad that the grave is still living on haha! (Actually it isn't but she hasn't heard that yet! I had the missionaries fill it in for me!) But it sounds like you had to get quite a few things for it but I bet it will look great! I expect to see lots of pictures! And I can't wait for the New addition to our family!

Work is great here! I love it! I had my first baptism of two people that I help teach! It was amazing! It's the Pepper Family and the husband was a less active coming back into the church again and we baptized the wife Kay, and the son who's 19, Jason! They have a younger son Nathan and Keytlyn (weird spelling) but Nathan is 6 who is full of energy and Loves the church and Keytlyn is 3 and has Down syndrome and has the biggest smile in the world and is always soo happy! Their family has been strengthened soo much when they have been taking the lessons and they are solid! It is wonderful to see the change in Jason who looves the YSA activities.

It is truly amazing to see how the gospel really can bless families if we let it. Being here I have seen many broken homes and broken people. People who have no values or standards of any sort and some who just don't care. There are many who are so miserable and it’s heartbreaking to see all these different types of people. And even though we try to help all these people to know they can find happiness and build a strong family and through the commandments we can find peace nothing can change in their lives if they don’t do anything about it, refuse to change, or don’t help themselves. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have and I have never realized how much I took it for granted until I came here. I am blessed with the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, The Atonement, and the revelations the Prophets receive for us.

There are some who I have met that are prepared by our Father in Heaven and are eager to change their lives and its beautiful when you see the true change of heart that takes place in them. But it would be ok if I didn't meet any of those people who want to have the gospel because being here would still be worth it. It is so rewarding to be here and to share my purpose which is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel and just to let them know what makes me happy and that I know it can make them happy too.

I met a man the other day in the cold misty morning in Piccadilly Gardens the other day and as I stopped to talk with him he look at me with such curiosity while I was speaking and asked why I was smiling so much, I just told him it's because of this beautiful message that I share that through the Book of Mormon we can find greater peace and happiness in this life. He looked at me with true sincerity in his eyes and asked, “You really think that book can bring me real happiness in this life?” I bore my testimony that I know it can.

People notice when others are happy and the example we all set as members of this great gospel, just smiling makes all the difference and having a firm testimony! It’s amazing how we can make a difference in people’s lives if we just open our mouths! I looove being here it’s amazing! I looove this gospel! I know this church is true!!
Love, Sis Rach Kullick

1 comment:

  1. Now you know why I smile so much :)
    Keep up the good hard work Sister!!

    ReplyDelete