Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

World Cup again and more...

TERESA - Mother and Father dearest!

How are you guys doing? I hope everything is going well! I love hearing from you so constantly mom, I’m pretty sure that NO ONE can compete with your consistency in writing! I always look forward to receiving your letters. By the way, I loved that talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf -Your Happily Ever After. Thank you so much for those talks, they really help! Thanks by the way for sending our farewell talks. (Did you post them on the blog by any chance? That would be a good idea!). Thanks also mom for sending the responses to the blogs. I love reading what people have written, it makes things more personal and I can get feedback from a lot of different people, which is nice :). I got a letter from Erika this week and I was surprised and so excited about that!! That really made me feel good. And I loved hearing the happenings with the wedding plans and the moving in and all that from her standpoint, it was great! Also thank you sooooooo much mom for sending the package with all my random requests. I haven't gotten it yet, but I’m looking forward to receiving it! And thanks for the clothes. And no worries, I'll look around hear from now on if I have any problems, cause I don’t want it to cost a lot of money or anything. But thanks anyway!

So yeah the work is moving along! The World Cup HAS made things a little more difficult for sure! Especially when America played England. All the Scots were rooting for USA, hahaha, they definitely didn’t want the English to win! But the U.S. won apparently, (they did not win but tied!) so everyone’s happy about that :) except the English of course. But people are always watching the games since there are like 3 a day! I’m always worried that people are going to be mad when we go clapping on doors cause they are watching the game! But oh well, there has to be someone who’s not watching right?

But things are going good with our investigator, Helen. She is on track to be baptized this next Sunday! And this will be my first official baptism where I taught her the whole time!! I’m so excited for it! To see the changes she has made and the happiness that has come to her because of it has been wonderful to see! She’s really dedicated too. When we taught the Law of Chastity and said that our bodies were temples of God and that we must treat them with the utmost respect; like taking out piercing that are anywhere but once in your ears, she took out her eyebrow piercing right then and threw it in the bin! It was amazing! She just did it and that was great, and an example to me.

So things are going well also with this one less-active named Yvonne Cavin. She stopped going to church because of personal reasons but has missed sacrament ever since. Her husband and a few of her sons still go though. But she knows she’s too stubborn to go back, but she fully admits she needs and want too! We kept telling her that the struggle is within herself and that Satan is the only person telling her not to go. And she totally gets it. I love it cause since she's a straight talker I can be like "What you're saying is ridiculous and the painful part is that you know it!" She doesn't get offended because she fully agrees and knows what she really needs to do. I only just met her but I already care for her sooo much! And we are going to do all we can to help her; she’s not like the other less-actives I usually see. The ones where they just don’t care enough. She does, so I really feel that with the Lord's help, we can make a difference!

Those are the main things at the moment. Still trying to find more people to teach! And we will I know we will eventually! haha I love you all and hope life is going nifty in sunny California!!

Love always, Sister Teresa Kullick

No comments:

Post a Comment