Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

World Cup and more...

RACHEL - Hey mom and dad!!

The work is great! I really feel like being a real missionary is becoming second nature to me now! And I am loving that! My companion and I have about 6 investigators that went to church with us yesterday! It was great and 4 with a baptism date! I'm trying to learn quickly how to teach better cause I really want to be a good missionary but it seems like its taking a little while though, but I know I will improve!

Our mission president knew that we wouldn't be able to get ANY work done during the World Cup so he let us watch the one game on Saturday between America and England! It was great! But man, I feel bad for the goalie of England though, really bad, hope he doesn't take it too hard! But can you ask Aunt Holly what Connor and Tyler want again? I want to make sure I will get them the right "Kit"? I'm not sure but the details about it would be great! But I am actually kind of glad that it was a tie to be honest because either way you look at it England would just give us a hard time while we're proselyting if we lost and that would distract from the spirit or no one would talk to us if USA did win. haha So I'm glad that we're on the same level. But yeah, I can imagine how tough it was for you and dad! It has been crazy here! It is like the 4th of July here but in England! It is great! All these English flags everywhere we go!

With the camera I don't have the tool that I can put my memory card in, isn't that how it goes? But in the meantime if there is no suggestions on what to do or how to do it, I won't know how to do the pictures! So I would looove suggestions!

Wow it takes 2 weeks to send things here? I will try to send pics to you in the mail then maybe if I have time, but I got a letter from Erica! Tell her thank you and that she is soo sweet! I loved hearing from her! (Hey mom did you show her the restoration DVD and bear your testimony about it?) Just wondering :)

Yesterday after church my companion and I were tracting. Before, at church, we were both quite tired. I was sitting next to an investigator of ours who could barely hear so I had to keep telling him in his ear what all the speakers were saying which was different but just fine :) After church we both prayed to Heavenly Father that we would wake up and become more energized. All of a sudden in the middle of tracting it starts pouring down hard! haha I was surprised about how I reacted to it! I was having a blast tracting in the pouring rain and we laughed to ourselves how Heavenly Father has a sense of humor!

This work is great and it is truly beautiful how the gospel can really work in our lives if we let it! I have a testimony about the Holy Ghost and how truly powerful it is. Like the experience I shared last letter it is something we take for granted sometimes and maybe don't even realize how far we've strayed from it at times in our lives. We have to listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost or should we choose to ignore them we do not deserve and will not receive the guidance and blessings that it gives us in our lives everyday. Just don't question on acting on the promptings and ignore them cause they might not make sense to us at the time cause we will sometimes soon realize what we missed out on in helping others or ourselves.

Love you Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment