RACHEL - Hey family!
I bought a memory card reader so hopefully by the time I'm done with this letter I will have time to put some pictures on!
I went to Lyme Park last P-day and it was amazing! That is where they filmed some of the Original 6-hr long Film that BBC had of Pride and Prejudice! It was great! I didn't get to go inside but I walked around the grounds! It was really beautiful! Hopefully my pictures will do it some justice! Today we are actually going with a senior couple to Knutsford to where we might get to go through one of those mazes! I am soo excited for that; it should be a really good time!
I loved getting your letters this week! I loved every single talk mom; I even already gave out two copies of "Do Not Despair" thank you for that so much! If you could keep ‘em coming I would indeed be grateful to you! I loved the family testimonies too, they are really inspiring and I appreciated them. I would love to see more pics too if that's at all possible! It was so moving to read about Teresa's investigator and your response I know will help her greatly.
I even got a letter from Danny in Carlsbad! How nice is that?! So nice to hear about what’s going on with him and I hope to write him back soon! I was also lucky to receive a postcard from The Mays! They are so thoughtful! I have a postcard to give them back but since I don't have their address I am sending it to you :)
Also and its official, My companion Sister Bowen knows Teresa's companion Sister Nelson! haha It is such a small world! Sis. Bowen didn't even know that Sis. Nelson had decided to go on a mission! Well I guess she knows now! But Sis. Bowen will be leaving me this next week and going back to Idaho. I honestly feel like I just became her companion and that I didn't get enough time with her! I still have sooo much more I need to learn! But even though she's leaving I'll get a new companion and since I met all of the sisters they all are very sweet so there is no need to worry about the next companion I will have. I will most likely be staying here in my area for sure so you can still keep sending letters to my address!
The Investigators we are teaching are good ones especially this Mom Caroline and her Son Kyle who is 13. He is smart and once he saw the Restoration DVD instantly he said we wanted to be baptized! He has such great enthusiasm about the gospel and has already had his friends come over for one of the lessons that's 14 and now is interested in the church! They are both very smart boys and have good heads on their shoulders! We are excited for them and Caroline who also wants to be baptized! Now all they have to do is come to church! Which will be this next week!
Simeon is another investigator we have. He has a baptismal date on the 17th of July! He is from Trinidad and is going through some financial troubles... He really wants to be baptized and we are trying to help him not to loose hope. He is a good person and is trying to do his best and he knows the Saviour knows how he feels and that knowing that, that can give him greater comfort.
Mayrose is another one. She is single mom who has two very young girls, they are from India and we met her on the street and then a couple minutes later were invited to her home and taught her the first lesson! She believes in Christ but also this Hindu belief in this man named Christiam... its interesting but we invited her to church and she fell in love with it! So hopefully she will still be committed to being baptized on the 17th of July! Hopefully all goes well with them all!
So England lost in the World Cup... yeah no one was too happy about that here. We definitely stayed inside for that game and weren't allowed to proselyte because they would all be drinking anyway.
I thought I would mention how since I have come here, I have been discovering new smells that I have never smelled before. I could still do without them! It's awful some of the living conditions most people live in and needless to say the odor leaves something to be desired. I don't think I will miss those smells when I leave here ;)
My companion and I are going to be singing at a funeral this Thursday, so I hope that goes well. "Because I Have Been Given Much" is what we were asked to prepare. I never thought that I would be asked to sing at a funeral on a mission but I guess I should expect anything while being here!
Well I tried to put pictures on but I have to restart up the whole computer and I won't have time for that, so sorry! Hopefully next week!
But I just wanted to say that I am so grateful for you Mom and Dad for all that you have done for me in my life and all the love and support you have given me. I never realized until now being out here how blessed I am to have the opportunities and love from my family that I have in my life! Thank you to all who has supported me and my sister, we are so grateful to you!
Love always, Sister Rachel Kullick

Sounds like she is doing well! Getting a new companion is always exciting. I would have stayed in too druing the World Cup. ;) And the last paragraph...yep I'm in tears. :)
ReplyDelete